Sunday, January 19, 2014

About Me

I'm 23 years old, and I've been struggling with eczema my whole life. I've tried dozens and dozens of products, some better than others. I'm still on the hunt for the best products to help soothe my extremely dry, extremely flaky, extremely sensitive/red skin. I was looking around online for a skincare reviewer who had similar skin concerns, but the closest I got was "dry" or "mature" or "sensitive." None of those were quite, well... severe enough for me to have confidence that I'd have a similar experience.

I work in a bakery, so I'm either next to an oven or in a freezer for most of my day, and often go back and forth between them. The temperature changes are brutal on my skin, so I need something thick and emollient that will last me at least the 8 hours I'm at work. I don't want to have to reapply lotions and creams to my face all day at work. Basically, I'm looking for noncomodogenic, moisturizing, skin barrier repairing, gentle formulas that will help me battle itching, flaking, and the chronic dry tightness.

A lot of the things I'm going to review can be bought at drugstores or Walmart. I'm not exactly overloaded with cash, as I'm a part time college student who also works part time. As I go through the things I own, I'll post "Empties" posts, "Just Acquired" posts, "In My Closet" posts, and "Time-Tested Goodies," for products I like enough to repurchase.

Hope to see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment