Thursday, February 6, 2014

Empty: Studio 35 Moisturizing Lotion with Ceramides

Late last year, my boyfriend asked for help with his skin. He has had oily, cystic-acne-prone skin on his face, neck, shoulders and back for as long as he's been past puberty. We did a lot of research and I ended up buying him the CeraVe foaming cleanser, a CeraVe moisturizer knockoff, and Stridex. The cleanser and the Stridex have done his skin wonders! Any pimples he gets now are tiny and infrequent, not a daily emergence of deep, cystic acne. I'm so happy for him! He does have dry skin, now, though, because both the cleanser and the Stridex are drying. Unfortunately, he refuses to moisturize because he loves the feeling of being a little dry as opposed to saturated with oil. I guess I can't blame him... I love the feeling of a thick moisturizer/oil because it soothes the perpetual dry feeling.

Anyway, this knockoff CeraVe moisturizing lotion has been kicking around our room for months now, and when I ran out of the Curel, I picked this up. I love it! It's such a good formula.


Studio 35 Moisturizing Lotion with Ceramides

Note: This is a knockoff of the CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion. It has the same ingredients, it was just a couple bucks cheaper.



Ceramides are so good for skin because they are the kind of fats that your skin should be producing, so they help build up a damaged skin barrier. Itching, flaking, and irritants are things that damage the skin barrier, so people like us can use all the help we can get!

This is a lotion, so it's not as intensely moisturizing as I needed. That said, it was a lovely little stopgap between my heavier moisturizers, and it absorbed so quickly that I was able to use it on my way out the door to work and school without having to wait for it to soak in. The formulation was lovely and didn't irritate my skin at all; it only gave me the temporary redness of having touched my skin.

I absolutely love this stuff. It's light, it's moisturizing, and it keeps me feeling moisturized for quite some time. I think this will be the only extra moisturizer I need in the summertime, but it's just not enough for this nasty, cold, dry climate. I think I might get the CeraVe cream in a tub for this time of year.

I particularly trust CeraVe because it doesn't have irritants or fragrance, which is fantastic for my kind of skin. It's also recommended both by my dermatologist and the SkincareAddiction subreddit, a place I go constantly for advice on skincare and information on ingredients.

This is a definite rebuy, and something to keep in stock.

CeraVe lotion: $11.76
Buy from: Walgreens, Amazon.com, Drugstore.com, Walmart, Ulta

Studio 35 lotion: $7.49
Buy from: Walgreens, Drugstore.com, Amazon.com


No comments:

Post a Comment