Thursday, February 6, 2014

Time-Tested Goodie: Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream


Neutrogena: Norwegian Formula Hand Cream (Unscented)

Man, oh man, this stuff is magic. I have honestly not found a better-feeling cream in my life. I use it on my hands, forearms, itchy/scaly parts of my face and neck, and as an overnight eye cream. It's super gentle and hasn't irritated a single part of me, which is really something to rave about. I get hour-long redness on my face when I poke my cheek!

These Norwegian fishermen sure knew what they were talking about when they formulated this (the story on the back of the tube says that fishermen used something like this to keep their hands healed even in the dry, windy snowy winter of Norway). It's super thick, and looks a little cloudy when it comes out of the tube. It spreads like a dream, and it's true -- only a little does what you need it to do! My peely, wrinkly, superdry hands need a few squirts, but if my neck is feeling a little tight, I only need the tiniest dab. I can't even compare it to a coin size, because it really is only a dab.

I would definitely recommend having this in your purse at all times for emergency itchiness and dryness. It's also just fantastic to use on your hands after you wash them, and it lasts a few washes. Get the fragrance-free kind; it's just as well-circulated as the fragranced kind. Even if your skin isn't particularly sensitive, fragrances break down your skin barrier over time. It doesn't smell like anything, so you don't have to worry about smelling weird. My only complaint is that it only comes in 2 oz tubes -- at the rate that I use it, it only lasts about two weeks! At this price and effectiveness, though, it's absolutely worth it.

Price: $5.62
Where to buy: Amazon.com, Drugstore.com, Neutrogena.com, CVS, Walmart, Walgreens

FANTASTIC for dry skin.
FANTASTIC for sensitive skin.
GREAT for normal skin (at this price, why settle for something less?)

No comments:

Post a Comment