Thursday, February 6, 2014

Just Acquired: Lierac Sensory Oil With Three Flowers

Lierac Sensory Oil with Three Flowers


My mother gave this half-full bottle to me when she told me she wasn't going to use it. I absolutely love the way oils feel on my face, but a lot of them are comodogenic to me. This one wasn't comodogenic, but it had so much perfume in it, as well as three different kinds of citrus. Citrus is a skin irritant and (personally) makes me more sensitive to sunlight. A definite no! It didn't seem to irritate my skin at first, but I noticed that I was definitely a bit itchier than normal during the day. After a few applications, though, it started to burn. Really, really bad. That, plus the fact that it didn't really hold in a whole lot of moisture, makes me want to throw this away. I've read that you can use it on hair... Maybe I'll just run the rest of it through the lower half of my hair. This is really a disappointment; I know that Lierac tends to use a lot of fragrance, but this is really too much. It smells like the perfume counters at a department store!

I've decided that I'm going to post the ingredients of each product I review. Here they are:
C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Diisopropyl Sebacate, Polyglyceryl-6 Dioleate, Peg-8 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Squalane, Fragrance (Parfum), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Caprylyl Glycol , Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Flower Extract, Coleus Forskohlii Root Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Extract, Polygonum Cuspidatum Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Gardenia Florida Flower Extract, Tocopherol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Butylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid.

I was a little iffy about taking this from my mother because of the Hazel seed oil (I'm allergic to hazelnuts), but I was also a little concerned that fragrance was so high on the list. I was right. It's definitely very fragrant, and therefore irritating. It's so unfortunate, because this oil was a nice supplement to my moisturizer, and it didn't break me out! Oh well, I guess my dry hair can use it.

Price: $25.99
Where to Buy: Amazon.com, Drugstore.com, Skin1.com

BAD for sensitive skin.
DECENT for normal skin (I can see this being a fantastic massage oil!)
OKAY for dry skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment