Thursday, February 6, 2014

In My Closet: Argan Magic 100% Pure Argan Oil


Argan Magic 100% Pure Argan Oil

This is a find from TJ Maxx! I got it for $10.00. I've heard so much about Argan oil that I've been jealously searching for something that I can get that's within my budget. I've heard so much about how cheap argan oil can be fake, so I'm not going to say that I believe the ingredient list: it reads only Argana Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil. For $10? And $20 on the website? 2 oz? I don't think so. I don't think that it's entirely pure, but it does do a fantastic job.

I've been putting this on after my moisturizer, though I'm thinking I might want to do it before I moisturize. It's a wonderful texture, it has a golden tint, little fragrance (though I only use about two pumps at a time), and it absorbs so quickly. I lightly pat it onto my cheeks, forehead, eye area, and neck, and if I have any left over on my palms, I rub it onto the backs of my hands. I can say right now that I've noticed a big difference from using this, though it has little to no effect if I use it when my skin is already dry. It only works right after I wash my face or get out of the shower; it seals in moisture as opposed to providing it. That said, I can say that it's helped me keep my flaking down in this cold, dry weather. It also keeps my skin "not feeling," by which I mean I'm not just constantly feeling tight, dry, oozing, what-have-you. My face feels comfortable. I feel like it also heals the open spots that I've itched faster than they would have on their own.

Bonus: It hasn't broken me out at all, and that's saying something. So many oils give me clogged pores or deep, cystic pimples, and I normally don't break out at all. Even extra virgin olive oil gives me whiteheads. This oil is light, super moisturizing, and hasn't given me a single clogged pore.

Bottom line: I don't think this is actually pure argan oil, but it sure does have some great effects. I keep it in my purse for midday itchies and flakies. It's only so-so as an emergency treatment, but it sure does moisturize when I use it in my regimen.

Price: $20.00
Where to buy: Ebay.com, Jocottbrands.com (Mine was at TJ Maxx)

GREAT for sensitive skin.
GREAT for dry, flaky skin.
GOOD VALUE for normal skin. You may not need to use this daily, but your skin can sure use a little TLC sometimes, and the nourishment in this is just what the doctor ordered. Especially at this price!

No comments:

Post a Comment