Thursday, February 6, 2014

Winter Blues

I live in New England, and we've been having such a cold streak. The past month it has consistently been 0-15 degrees F, and the cold dryness is killing my skin! We just had a Nor'Easter, and now another one is on the way. I'm so done with snow and cold!

I've really had to up the ante with my moisturizers just so that I'm not always a horrific flaky monster. I've been using a lot of oils and making sure to wash my face often. Even so, I've been breaking out horribly. I've never had bacne before, but I started getting deep, cystic pimples on my back and sides this past month. It's even spread to my forearms now! I don't really know what to do about it; pimples have never really been a problem for me. I've been using my boyfriend's Stridex when I feel a deep bump, and it's significantly reduced the "cooking" time of the pimple. It might just be the cold and stress combined with my time of month... stupid hormones.

I have an old steroid ointment that I've been using on my worst spots. The left side of my chin is so raw that it's started to scab over, same with the "smile line" on my right side. I put a little on there, and now I've gotten a pimple on my upper lip. The problem with these steroid creams/ointments for me is that they make me very prone to breakouts, especially on my limbs.

My hands are so wrinkly, like always, but now they're also peely. It's gross, and it's so hard not to pick at the loose skin flakes! I need to find a decent exfoliant for my body. My face never needs extra exfoliation, but because of the pimples, infected follicles on my legs, and the dead skin buildup on my hands and arms... I need something. I haven't found anything yet -- I'll keep looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment